Saturday 2 February 2013

Valentines Ideas

So Valentines is coming up, so I thought I would share some of my ideas and ideas that I've found.

1- We LOVE Primary

Things need:
- envelopes (print the airmail picture below and stick on envelopes)
- bag (mail bag) that the letters are put into
- Hersheys Kisses
- Jar (stick on the label (below)

This is a fun, cute and simple valentines game suitable for music time.
-On each of the Hershey kisses write a childs name (i stuck a white sticker on the bottom and wrote on that- make sure there each child has a kiss(chocolate) with their name on. once finished put these into your jar.
- Then i used 7 envelopes (you can do more or less) inside the envelopes I wrote a song to sing (all relating to love):

Jesus Said Love Everyone p. 61
Reverence is Love p. 31
Love One Another p. 136
I'll Walk With You (3rd verse only) p. 140
I Love To See The Temple p. 95
We Are Different p. 263
Love is Spoken Here p. 190
Where Love Is p. 138
I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus p. 78
Teacher, Do You Love Me? p. 178

- I sealed the envelopes and put them into my mail bag.

I started singing time by explaining the game and the said something like:
"we all have our favourite songs that we love, well today we are going to sing some songs that remind us of what we love. To start we are going to sing my favourite song - "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" .... I'll be looking for the biggest sunbeam (actions) to start us off on our game"

You pick a child- they pick a letter from the mail bag.... OPEN it and we all sing the song.
I then pick out a kiss from the jar... that child comes and pick a letter. and sooo on.

It works well and the children get involved! 
p.s * I also learnt that the children didn't know many of these songs soooo throughout last year we practiced so THIS VALENTINES we will be pros.

Add this label to the Jar of Kisses
Attach this on the front of each envolope
enlarge this and pin to bag (for mail bag)


No comments:

Post a Comment